With Australia day fast approaching, I had to share this Aussie icon. The pie floater is a meat pie submerged in thick pea soup, the pies are traditionally turned upside down sitting or sometimes submerged in the pea soup. The first time I had ever heard of this was while watching an episode of Billy Connolly's Australian tour. He was doing a show in Adelaide and indulged in one of these south Aussie icons. We tried a similar thing called a tiger pie from Harry's Cafe de Wheels on the Sydney harbour, the Tiger is a meat pie served with scoop of mash a scoop of mushy peas and a scoop of gravy, it was really delicious. A pie floater put simply is a meat pie on top of or covered in green pea soup with a choice of sauce squirted on top, the usual being ketchup, brown sauce, mint sauce, gravy or bbq sauce, some people also enjoy vinegar over their floater, I suppose the options can be endless, whatever 'floats' your pie!!. I searched a few variou...



Comments
Post a Comment