I had some leftover slaw mix to use up so I made a vegetable loaf for Cerys' lunch, I just used the seed mix that came with the slaw as the topping.
I didn't mix it with the mayo that came with it. You can use any kind of shredded vegetables that you have to use up, and any variety of seeds.
Ingredients
1 onion, finely chopped
245g kale slaw (no mayo)
small handful fresh Rosemary,
Thyme and parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 eggs, beaten
1 cup self-raising flour
seed selection for topping
Method
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Place kale slaw mix in a large bowl, using paper towels, squeeze out any excess moisture in the vegetables.
3. To the same bowl, add onion, herbs, salt, paprika and garlic powder. Mix together using a spatula.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oil and eggs. Pour over the vegetable mixture and mix well.
5. Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin. Spread evenly. Sprinkle the seed mix over the top.
6. Bake for 40 minutes until top is golden, or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool in tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.








Comments
Post a Comment