After using some of the homegrown parsnips I got from Sally, there were still some left, I had already steamed some and added some to casseroles so I thought I'd make a soup for a change.
None of us are really keen on parsnips, they are not one of our go to vegetables but I didn't want to waste them so I thought I would use the rest of them in a curried soup in the hope that the girls will eat some as they like spice.
Ingredients
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp Tandoori paste
500g parsnips, peeled, diced
1 green apple, peeled, cored, diced
3/4 cup red lentils
1/2 tsp garlic powder
5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
Method
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and tandoori paste, cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until onion is softened and curry smells yummy.
2. Add parsnips, apple, lentils and garlic powder, stir until coated in curry paste. Pour over stock, stir, bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer, covered for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
3. Remove from heat, allow to cool a little, using a stick blender or food processor, carefully blend until smooth. Return to pan, heat through, add some more stock or water if too thick, season to taste.




Comments
Post a Comment