I got some homegrown carrots from Sally, complete with the green tops/fronds attached, the carrots I buy from the supermarket come without their tops, it was the other day speaking to mum on Facetime she said that she uses the tops in her soup etc, so that's where I got the idea to use them since I had them, give them a good wash and chop finely.
These can be cooked in the oven or shallow fried, I fried mine earlier in the day then heated them up in the air fryer for tea.
Ingredients
3 large carrots, grated
1 onion, grated or finely chopped
1/2 cup carrot tops/fronds, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
3/4 tsp salt
pepper
1 cup sweet potato flour
1/4 cup water
Method
1. In a large bowl, mix together carrot, onion and garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the water, stir together really well to distribute the spices and flour evenly.
2. Add water, stir well to make a thick mixture that will come together when shaped. Allow to rest for 10 minutes to infuse the flavours.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, take a 1/3rd cup mixture and roughly shape and flatten to 1/2 inch thick patties. Cook for 4-6 minutes each side until golden brown. If cooking in the oven, preheat to 200°C, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time.






Comments
Post a Comment