I prefer making my own burgers, I know what goes into them and I can get them to taste the way we like them, and my family prefer the taste and texture of homemade.
I also prefer the rustic homemade look to the perfectly shaped manufactured ones, they have more character.
Ingredients
500g chicken mince
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 carrot, finely grated
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 tsp chicken salt
grind of pepper
1 tsp red currant jelly
Method
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together, I like to test a small piece by cooking it for a little in the microwave to make sure I have the seasoning just right. Form into burger shapes.
2. Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.





Comments
Post a Comment