My family know I have never been one for fuss on "special" days, (with the exception of Christmas, where the whole family gets a little spoiled, even Hamish!). I don't like them spending their hard earned cash on me. Myself or Scott usually buys something for me from the kids and this year was no different.
I love the idea of recycling and I love charity shops, like the saying goes one man's trash is another man's treasure and I managed to scoop myself some goodies last month that I kept for Mother's Day gifts.
All these goodies are brand new, I got an unopened bottle of Mariah Carey Forever perfume for $8, a seriously cute Robert Gordon heart shaped teacup and saucer for $4 and two divine smelling Peppermint Grove candles for $4 each, the lot for $20 what a find!!
Such a pretty bottle and a gorgeous scent.
Scott bought me two bottles of sparkling wine that were on offer for $6 each. I will be enjoying a glass (or two) this evening.
Cerys made me a pavlova, my absolute favourite dessert. This was her first time making meringue, she did a fantastic job.
Darren came round for a while, we caught up, he stayed for tea and played a few games with the girls.
And just like that, another Mother's day has come and gone.





















Comments
Post a Comment