We love Brie and Camembert in any shape or form but particularly baked, the soft gooey texture is simply heaven.
I picked up some French wine the other day and as I had a packet of French brie in the fridge I thought I would try this combo, I usually bake them in the oven but it was a really hot day yesterday so we did it on the barbecue and it turned out just as well as oven baked.
The addition of the wine was delicious, making it extra gooey, I will try this with French Camembert, I also think I will add some roasted garlic cloves because lets face it, garlic tastes great in anything.
Once you have removed the paper, make 3 small holes in the top of the brie and pour the wine into the holes, then wrap in foil.
Ingredients
French Brie
30 ml French wine
Slices of French bread stick
Method
1. Preheat barbecue grill. Unwrap brie from paper and put back into the bottom wood dish it came in (if it has one, if not simply wrap in tin foil or baking paper)
2. Make 3 small holes on the top of the cheese, pour the wine over the cheese. Wrap the entire cheese in tinfoil. Warm on the grill for 15 minutes or until cheese has softened and gooey and wine has been absorbed.
Enjoy slathered on sliced french bread sticks washed down with a glass of the wine.
Yum!!









Comments
Post a Comment