I found this recipe in a woolies fresh magazine and it sounded delicious.
I personally found it a little too sweet but Scott loved it, I think the next time I make it I will omit the brown sugar/maple syrup and add a little more stock.
Ingredients
700 g potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup warm milk
25 g butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups finely shredded cabbage
1/2 onion, finely chopped
4 pork cutlets
2 tbsp plain flour
1 1/2 cups ginger beer
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
Method
1. Place potatoes in a pan, Cover with cold salted water. Bring to boil. Boil uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes in a bowl. Stir in milk and butter.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook garlic, cabbage and onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir cabbage mixture into mashed potatoes. Season. Cover to keep warm.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan over high heat. Cook pork, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until browned and almost cooked through. Remove pork from pan.
4. Add flour to pan and stir with the pan juices to combine. Stir in ginger beer, stock, sugar and sauce. Bring to the boil. Boil uncovered for 10 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to pan. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until pork is cooked through and sauce is thick.
5. Meanwhile, steam or microwave peas until tender. Drain. Serve cutlets with colcannon, peas and pan sauce.
Recipe sourced here




Comments
Post a Comment