Flicking through the recent woolworths.com.au fresh magazine I came across this recipe for salt and vinegar roast potatoes, they sounded delicious, so I just had to give them a try.
Their recipe calls for 1 cup of apple cider vinegar but I was a bit worried it may make them a bit too vinegary for our liking so I used 3/4 cup, which for us was still a little too vinegary so I think next time I will try 1/2 cup instead. But go for the whole cup if you like a strong taste of vinegar. They also used rice bran oil, which I didn't have so substituted it with olive oil.
Ingredients
1/2-3/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 kg roasting potatoes, quartered
2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
Method
1. Preheat oven to 200° C. Combine vinegar, potatoes and 6 cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain well and cool for 10 minutes until dry slightly.
2. Meanwhile, combine rosemary and 2 tsp sea slat flakes in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Toss potatoes with oil and 3/4 of the salt mixture until well coated. Place in a single layer on a large oven tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning half way through, until golden and crisp.
I served these with some steak we had cooked on the BBQ, they went very well.
recipe sourced www.woolworths.com.au fresh magazine



Comments
Post a Comment