I say poolside as this was where I served these tasty morsels. I had some leftover cooked prawns, not enough for a meal but perfect for making these appetisers.
Scott was a bit sceptical about the whole prawn cheese and melon combo but once he had tasted one there was no stopping him, he would have devoured the lot if he could have.
Most fruit is a great accompaniment with savoury foods, it gives a little sweetness to a savoury dish, combining the flavours well.
This melon, prawn and feta combo has the perfect amount of sweet, savoury and saltiness, drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar dressing for an extra tangy twist.
Ingredients
3-4 slices watermelon
handful cooked prawns
handful feta cheese
handful blueberries
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar dressing
Cut rind off watermelon slices and cut into bite-sized pieces, they don't have to be neat, irregular pieces are great. Break feta cheese into chunks, then 'create' your bites by placing prawn, feta and blueberries on top of the watermelon, hold in place with a cocktail stick. Sprinkle with a little ground sumac, drizzle with vinegar dressing.
Enjoy immediately.







Comments
Post a Comment