Skip to main content

The Golden Girls Kitchen...Booking Tickets

I read an article about The Golden Girls pop up Kitchen dining experience opening in Beverly Hills, LA, in the summer (USA), I think it was beginning of June 2022, which I was miffed about as we are going to Los Angeles in October and I would have loved to have experienced this, being a HUGE Golden Girls fan, but never thought anything more about it as I thought it would only be there through the USA summer, until it cropped up on Instagram about the opening date on 30th July, so 29th July 2022, I decided to look it up again and low and behold it is on until 23rd October and we arrive in LA on the 20th October so I instantly sent a message through to Scott telling him about it.


As the only date we could go was 23rd October 2022 that was where we started looking, a bit unfortunate that the 23rd was our only option as we have the Oogie Boogie bash at Disneyland also on that day starting at 3pm so we were also limited on a time frame. (Boy! that will be a busy day, 😀😁, we won't need rocking to sleep that night! 😉💤😴🛌 )


Unfortunately on the earliest time the table for four was sold out, so Scott tried for the table of two times two which obviously would mean sitting at 2 separate tables, Scott with one of the girls and myself with the other, but only one of the table for two was available, so the only other option we had was the second sitting starting at 12.15pm - 1.45pm where they had the table for four still available.


As he was at work he was going to book it when he got home but I was worried that we might miss it as this was the only time we were able to attend, so no pressure 😜, I sent him another message 👇, poor Scott 🙈😂 ( well, it will be a once in a lifetime experience for us and there are only a limited amount of tables)

He said he would see if he could book it then and there.


He phoned me while booking the tickets to say that we had to choose our entree and cheesecake before he could proceed, below is the choice.

As the girls were at work, I chose for them, Scott chose the Cuban sandwich, I was going to get the Lasagna for myself and Jodie but thought it would be better to have 4 different mains for tasting and photos so I went for the bacon, lettuce and potato sandwich (weird I know)👇, I ordered The Rose Marie soup and salad for Cerys, chocolate cheesecake for Jodie and strawberry for the rest of us.




I was pacing up and down the floor while he was booking it for fear of someone else getting in before us and booking it, but not to worry, as of Friday 29th July 2022 our table at the Golden Girls kitchen has been booked and paid for!! 💃💃.
(We weren't bothered about the drag brunch, I just wanted to get any booking on the day but getting the drag brunch was an added bonus).



Only a few hours later the table for four was sold out!


Below is an article from the Hollywood reporter on 4th August 2022 saying that the drag brunches were the fastest to sell out and that four out of the six have already sold out.

I am not sure what date all six drag brunches sold out but I can imagine it wasn't long after we booked ours if four of them had sold out before 4th August 2022.

WHAT TO EXPECT .....







I honestly can't believe we are actually going to be doing it, what are the chances of us being in Los Angeles on the last date of the Golden Girls dining experience!, an unbelievable coincidence and I am beyond excited, there are only four other cities it will be going to, New York (fall 2022), Miami ( winter 2022), San Francisco (winter 2022) and Chicago ( spring 2023).





STAY GOLDEN!


10th October 2022, this popped up on Facebook, only 20 days left of The Golden Girls Kitchen LA!. See you on the 23rd 💃💃

STAY GOLDEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aussie Pie Floater

With Australia day fast approaching, I had to share this Aussie icon. The pie floater is a meat pie submerged in thick pea soup, the pies are traditionally turned upside down sitting or sometimes submerged in the pea soup. The first time I had ever heard of this was while watching an episode of Billy Connolly's Australian tour. He was doing a show in Adelaide and indulged in one of these south Aussie icons. We tried a similar thing called a tiger pie from Harry's Cafe de Wheels on the Sydney harbour, the Tiger is a meat pie served with scoop of mash a scoop of mushy peas and a scoop of gravy, it was really delicious.  A pie floater put simply is a meat pie on top of or covered in green pea soup with a choice of sauce squirted on top, the usual being ketchup, brown sauce, mint sauce, gravy or bbq sauce, some people also enjoy vinegar over their floater, I suppose the options can be endless, whatever 'floats' your pie!!. I searched a few variou...

Hickory-Honey Ham...Christmas With The Kranks

  I got this Christmas movie cookbook during our 2022 holiday to LA see  here  and I still haven't made anything from it, so for our Christmas in July, I thought I would try the Hickory-Honey ham from the movie Christmas with The Kranks. Scenes from the movie where Nora is running towards the last ham in the store, only to be outsmarted by an elderly lady. I managed to get a couple of reduced shoulder hams from woolies back in May so this gave me an excuse to try a recipe from the book. We also got some Hickory smoking chips for the BBQ. It is a ham that has been smoked over Hickory wood chips for several hours, served with a honey gravy, not out of a tin which it is in the movie. Ingredients 8 cups hickory or other hardwood chips 2 large aluminum foil pans 1 (4kg) fully cooked  bone in ham 1/4 cup salted butter 1 shallot, minced 1/3 cup honey 1/4 cup dark brown sugar 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard 1 tsp ground ginger 1/...

Wha's Like Us?....Damn Few And They're A' Deid!

While sorting through things I came across this Scottish poem that my mum gave me years ago, my gran loved this one...so here it is.... Wha's Like Us ? The average Englishman in the home he calls his castle, slips into his national costume ---- a shabby raincoat...patented by.... ...Chemist Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland. En route to his office he strides along the English lane, surfaced by.... ...John Macadam from Ayr, Scotland. He drives an English car fitted with tyres invented by.... ...John Boyd Dunlop, Veterinary Surgeon of Dreghorn, Scotland. At the office he receives the mail bearing adhesive stamps invented by.... ...John Chalmers, Bookseller and Printer of Dundee, Scotland. During the day he uses the telephone invented by.... ...Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland. At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by.... ...Kirkpatrick Macmillan, Blacksmith of Thornhill, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. He watches ...