More Members Join Our Cacti Family


After dropping Cerys off at work on 20th May 2021 I stopped in past Bunnings, bad mistake!!, I spotted cacti reduced, not by much, down from $60 to $50 but I had been eyeing these beauties for weeks and I have so many plans for the back and front garden that require cacti and succulents, also they were nice and tall, in the pots below were the tallest is 30cm, 29cm and 24cm, I am super excited to get them planted into the garden, will be doing so in spring but I will repot them and keep them indoors over winter. (Our lounge room is beginning to resemble a  cacti greenhouse). It didn't say which variety of cacti they are but after some research I think they are Cereus Hildmannianus (hedge cactus).


They have some sort of porous gravel that has been glued but I plan to break that off and repot them in larger pots.




I have managed to accumulate a tidy amount of Cacti over the past few months, some will stay in the back garden, some will be put in the front.



We repotted the smallest one on 22nd May 2021, it measured 24cm in the pot it was sold in and now we have repotted it and removed the porous gravel stuff it measures 29cm, there was a good 5-6 cm hidden under the gravel and soil.



New measurements 8th October 2021.



12th March 2022


And just look at the size of the pups.


Before repotting


After repotting 23rd May 2021


New measurements 21st July 2021.

New measurements 8th October 2021.


New measurements 12th March 2022, just look how much it has grown.



Before repotting


After repotting 23rd May



New measurements 21st July 2021, and it has its first pup growing.


New measurements 8th October 2021, I also noticed that it is growing it's first pup.


New measurement 12th March 2022, look how much it has also grown.


Before repotting


After

New measurements taken 21st July 2021.

New measurement, 2nd November 2021.

New measurement, 12th March 2022




I spotted a bunny ears cactus for sale on gumtree for $20 on 23rd May, well it just had to become another member of my ever growing collection of cacti. (Trust me I have plans for all these beauties 💚)


I got these landscaping chips to put on the top of the soil.



I am such a messy gardener 🙈🙊

My pride and joy will be taking up residence in the cabana over winter.

I repotted this baby today.


12th March 2022, I hadn't realised how much growth and progress this guy has been making, just look at all those new buds.





I will do another post when round about springtime when I get them planted into the garden.

Comments

Popular Posts