Lemon Fried Rice with Chicken

Scott came home with a bag full of lemons freshly picked from a clients tree so I have been using them in various dishes.


Yesterday I made lemon fried rice, as I had some chicken leftover from the Sunday roast I added it to make a stir-fry rice dish, but the chicken is optional.
I also added a chopped 1" piece of preserved lemon as I have preserved lemons in the fridge, just toss it in when you add the remaining ingredients.



Ingredients

1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small green chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander, chopped
3-4 cups cold cooked rice
100 g frozen peas, thawed
2 tbsp soy sauce
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
1-2 cups cooked chicken
1/4 cup chicken stock

Method

1.  Heat oil in a wok over a medium heat. Add onions, garlic and chilli, and coriander, cook until onions are transparent.

2.  Add remaining ingredients, season to taste, stir fry for 5-6 minutes or until completely heated through, add more stock if needed.


Enjoy as a main or side dish.

Comments

Popular Posts