Crunchy, Spicy Egg Salad Filling


I love spicy foods of any kind. The other day I was craving something spicy, as I had eggs to use up I decided to add some spice to make a delicious salad filling which I enjoyed as a sandwich and Jodie had some with crackers.


Ingredients

2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 small carrot, grated
small stalk celery, finely chopped
2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
1 -2 tbsp spicy Jalepeno mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Nandos peri peri salt
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp dried chives

Method

1.  Peel eggs and put in a bowl or jug then mash with a fork.

2.  Add carrot, celery and onion, mix to combine. Add the rest of ingredients. Stir gently to combine.

3.  Serve as a dip with crackers or a filling for sandwiches or jacket potatoes.


It wasn't overly spicy so would also suit anyone who likes mild spice.


If you prefer less spice, omit the chilli flakes and use plain mayonnaise.

Comments

Popular Posts