Happy 19th Birthday To Our Disney Obsessed Jodie

Mickey Mouse head cake

Yep, always has been and always will be...obsessed with anything Disney. From her room as a little girl completely kitted out with everything Disney Princesses to now with Nightmare before Christmas and Pirates of the Caribbean, Jodie LOVES Disney.



Her birthday cake request this year was Mickey Mouse, I thought it would be fun to do a head cake, normally I use fondant icing but this time I went for sprinkles, I was kinda hoping it would be an easier cake to decorate after spending a week floored by the flu I didn't want to try anything elaborate, but sometimes the simplest looking cakes are the more fiddly to do, to say EVERYTHING was covered in sprinkles is an understatement, from the counter tops, floor, even the dining chairs were sprinkle encased 😖

Mickey Mouse head cake


I made 3 cakes, one 20 cm and the other two 10 cm. Once cooled I covered them in buttercream, then sprinkled one half of the 20 cm cake with black sprinkles and the other half with red coloured sprinkles, the two 'buttons' are milky bar giant buttons.





Happy happy birthday you weirdo 😜😜




As is was also Hamish's 9th birthday, Jodie bought him a toy.


Happy birthday old man 🐶

Comments

Popular Posts