Lavender Shortbread


I love Lavender, how pretty and colourful it looks, the taste, the smell, I find it soothing and homely. Fortunately here in Tassie, we have this amazing Lavender farm where they grow the beautiful lavender as well as a huge range of products and culinary delights. On a recent visit, I purchased a tin of their culinary lavender which I have used in a few things now and love it. 
I decided to try out my wooden shortbread mould by making lavender shortbread, it turned out pretty good.

Ingredients

125 g cold butter, coarsely chopped
60 g caster sugar
160 g plain flour
20 g cornflour
1 Tsp culinary lavender

Method

1.  Put sugar and lavender in a blender and blend until almost fine.

2.  Sift flour, lavender/sugar mix and cornflour together in a bowl, add chopped butter. Put in a food processor and pulse until combined together.




3.  Turn out onto a counter top and gently bring together, don't over handle the dough.

4.  Sprinkle wooden mould with some flour, press dough into mould, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.




5.  Preheat oven to 160° C. 

6.  Remove clingfilm and tap mould onto parchment lined baking sheet. It does take some effort to remove from the mould, just keep tapping until it releases. In fact it needed quite a beating, I think next time I will use more flour in the mould!



7.  Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden. Place on a wire rack and dust with sugar before leaving to completely cool.





Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts