Creamy Whipped Mashed Potatoes

 
Mashed potatoes are my most favourite type of potato, especially if they are lump free and creamy.


Scott makes delicious mash, he uses the potato masher and mashes and whips until they are smooth and utterly delicious, I can't get them like that so I use my stand mixer to whip the potatoes, they turn out perfectly every time.


I  give them a quick rough mash with the hand masher just to break the potatoes up a bit then whip them in the stand mixer adding warm milk and a little butter to give them the smooth creamy taste and texture I adore.


Ingredients

1.2 kg potatoes
2/3 cup warm milk
2 tbsp melted butter
salt & pepper

Method

1.  Peel potatoes and cut into 2" pieces. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan, shake briefly and steam dry for a few seconds.

2.  Roughly mash with a hand masher then transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip potatoes on medium-low adding the warm milk and melted butter, once incorporated turn mixer up to high, continue mixing for 2 minutes until potatoes are fluffy and creamy.


Absolutely delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts