The Golden Girls Inspired Pizza



I have been making a few recipes from The Golden Girls cookbook recently and one recipe I was surprised isn't in the book is pizza.


Now, the girls (golden) love sharing a pizza dinner almost as much as they enjoy sharing a cheesecake, so Cerys and I thought we would try to replicate a golden girls pizza.


They tend to go for pepperoni pizza as Sophia is Italian and LOVES pepperoni, she also loves peppers (capsicum) and garlic, she is often seen devouring a veal and pepper sandwich.


There are a number of hilarious pizza quotes throughout the seven series of The Golden Girls.








I didn't use specific ingredient measurements, I just went with what I thought would taste good, for the dried herbs I just sprinkled some all over the base.




Ingredients

1 ready made pizza base
2 tbsp tomato paste
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
dried oregano
dried basil
dried thyme
salt & pepper
1/4 red capsicum, diced
1/4 green capsicum, diced
handful grated mozzarella
small handful grated Parmesan
Fresh basil 

Method

1.  Preheat oven to 210°C fan forced.

2.  Place pizza base on a oven proof base, I used my stone pizza base. 

3.  Spread tomato paste evenly over pizza base. Sprinkle crushed garlic. Sprinkle some of the oregano, basil & thyme. Season lightly with salt & pepper.

4.  Add both capsicums. Sprinkle with both cheeses. Arrange slices of pepperoni evenly over top of pizza. Cook for 12-15 minutes. Top with some fresh basil leaves.



Best enjoyed watching an episode of The Golden Girls 😀
STAY GOLDEN!

Comments

Popular Posts