Making Bird's Trifle



 How it is supposed to look...


..Versus ours!.

I got a box of Bird's Trifle sent through from Scotland because I wanted a childhood trip down memory lane. Jodie loves trifle and to be honest I am not very sure if I ever made a Bird's trifle for the kids when we lived back home, it was just something that you saw every day in the supermarket but I usually made trifle using separate ingredients, not from a kit, so I was intrigued to see the kids response to one of our childhood desserts. 



Cerys got down to making it and it was quite amusing seeing the directions on the packets, especially the custard as I buy ready made custard (yep, I don't make my own custard, shocking, I know!!, maybe one day 😜), anyway, I couldn't resist taking a series of photos during the process just for memory sake.


Making the jelly.



Making the custard.


Sponge and jelly.


Custard on top of the jelly. Of course Scott and I just had to try the dregs that were left in the pan and it was every bit as we remembered it to be, tasteless, very school dinner tasting custard!!



Dream Topping...ok, our dream topping didn't thicken as it said it should, ours was more runny than whipping!, but it had the same tasteless synthetic flavour.



Taste test verdict........It was actually not too bad when eaten all together, the jelly was the best bit, it had a crisp refreshing flavour. 



The trifle didn't hold its shape when dished up, pretty sloppy but all in all, not too bad!.


Comments

Popular Posts