Cacti & Flamingo Ornamental Garden


I wanted pink elevated planters just outside the cabana entrance for some cacti. I couldn't find any pink plant pots I liked, then I found these green ones for $10 each in shiploads, they were just the sort of style I was looking for, all they needed was a respray into the pink I was after. Scott then drilled more holes in the base for drainage.

After they were painted and dried, Scott attached them to different height rods, initially I had only planned on putting 2 pots there then I thought another would add more character.


I planted some cacti and then Scott cut the edging to fit and filled it in with landscaping chips.


I added some pink pot topper chips in the cacti pots, then it was time to add the garden flamingo ornaments. It turned out better than I envisaged, I am absolutely thrilled with the finished result.



January 2021 I decided to separate the cacti in 2 of the pots as they were growing really well and taking over each others space.



I was lucky enough to get the last 2 pots reduced, Scott added them to the garden and I separated and re-potted the cacti.



Update...7th February 2021, they seem to be flourishing well on their own.






The photo's on the left are the exact cacti as the ones on the right, the left  were taken when they were first planted in October 2020, the photo's on the left were taken 1st April 2021.



It's amazing how quickly things grow!.

Comments

Popular Posts