Restyling The Hall Unit


Scott made this unit a few years ago and I still love it, I change things around on the shelves every so often but this time I fancied giving it a bit of a face lift.

before



I loved the idea of having the back of the unit pink but I didn't want it all the same colour so decided in a deep pink for the bottom part and working up with various lighter shades of pink so there would be 5 different gradients of the same colour.


Scott had to put a backing board on it so that it could be painted. He started by marking the sections of the unit on to the board, then cut it to size.


I wanted to display my Golden Girls pop vinyls that I got for Christmas from Jodie on the unit so he cut grooves into the sides of the top long shelf to fit smaller shelves for the girls to sit on. They now have a home! 💓


Once the paint was dry we nailed it to the back of the unit and put it back in it's place at the top of the stairs and I set about arranging the ornaments and books on the shelves.


I think it looks fab and the kids love it, gives the hall a whole new bright feel.

Comments

Popular Posts